Mississippi State University
Bachelor of Arts, Political Science— 2000-2004
Master of Public Policy and Administration— 2006-2008
Additional PhD coursework in Public Administration and Communication— 2009-2014
degree work concentrated primarily on public budgeting, program
management, and planning. PhD work focused on disaster mitigation and
communication theory, primarily on the role of volunteers and the
public at various stages in the disaster cycle utilizing social capital
to improve local resiliency.
IT Coordinator, Mississippi State University
Starkville, MS — 2012-current (professional staff)
— 2007-2012 (graduate assistant)
— 2002-2004 (student worker)
major information technology initiatives for the office of public
affairs and provided regular desktop and server support for users in
- Launched and grew a new campus wayfinding service, coordinated with vendors, staff, and other departments to provide a resource which meets a variety of needs across the institution.
- Provided timely performance and statistical data on outreach efforts to university leaders.
- Assisted in developing, deploying, and maintaining digital outreach platforms and content.
- Managed technology acquisition, maintenance, and replacement lifecycle for the office of public affairs.
- Oversaw digital press operations for the Stennis Institute for Government (12/2012-06/2014).
Research and Technical Assistant, Mississippi Municipal League
Jackson, MS— 2004-2006
with state and local leaders to meet the needs of Mississippi’s cities
and towns. Assisted in the planning and execution of one of the largest
annual conferences in the state.
a national outreach effort to match the needs of Mississippi
municipalities affected by Hurricane Katrina with donors nationwide
beginning the day after Hurricane Katrina made landfall in the state.
the organization’s first electronic newsletter and legislative alert
system, improving outreach and building grassroots support on major
state legislation and assisted in efforts to protect local revenue
sources and secure state and federal funding streams. Represented local
interests on boards and committees.
- Provided policy research services and model ordinances for member cities and towns.
Customer Service Representative, Jitney Jungle Stores of America
Jackson, MS— 1998-2000, Starkville, MS— 2000-2002
for a regional grocery chain providing excellent customer service to
patrons at several locations including one of the company’s flagship
- High level of proficiency with technology with the ability to learn new tools quickly.
- Ability to analyze data from a variety of sources and distil it into meaningful information.
- Strong knowledge of research design with an emphasis on qualitative methods.
- Excellent public speaking skills.
GPG/PGP Encryption Key Information
Current keys in use:
Key id: B1169647.
0455 3DB3 70A5 97D3 85F3 4021 6CE2 5988 B116 9647